Find Financial Assistance

WRAP isn’t capable of providing direct financial assistance to our clients. However, there are many organizations that may be able to help you fund the building materials for your new ramp. For example:

  • Aging Services, Inc. provides services to support older adults who wish to continue living as independently as possible. They offer support for individuals over 60 years old who meet their qualification for financial help.
  • The Iowa Able Foundation provides loans with flexible terms to help Iowans with disabilities, their families, and older Iowans increase their independence.
  • Several organizations provide support to youth with disabilities; some local Kiwanis Clubs and Corridor Goes Casual for Kids! are examples.
  • The U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs offers a Health Related Home Improvements and Structural Alterations (HISA) grant to help disabled Veterans fund home improvements.
  • There are federal waiver programs that provide services to help individuals to remain in their own home. There are waivers for elderly individuals, persons with disabilities, and children and young adults. You can work with your case worker to find a waiver that fits your needs.
  • Many disease-specific organizations provide support resources.
  • Family and friends, faith-based organizations and community-based organizations may also be able to help.

Please try to determine how you will be paying for the materials prior to applying to the WRAP program. If you need help finding additional services, contact us.

Ramp referrals are being accepted, but there is likely to be a serious slowdown in the building schedule due to the coronavirus.